The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
On the Blog:
I had to remove both CommentLuv and IntenseDebate from my blog as comments kept disappearing.
I’d get a few CommentLuv comments, then they would disappear and I’d have a couple of different comments in regular Blogger format. Or I’d get some regular Blogger comments, then they would disappear and CommentLuv comments would show up! It was like they were at war with one another and the missing comments were collateral damage.
I was able to find and restore some of the missing comments, but there were a few that I couldn’t find. It’s a shame, because I really like CommentLuv.
Then I decided to try using the Read More excerpt for my posts so readers wouldn’t have to scroll so much to get to the next post. Tried several different methods, but none of them worked. So am stuck with full posts for now. Sorry.
My best guess is that both of these issues are because of all of the tweaks I’ve done to my blog over the years. It’s a patch-work Frankenstein mess at this point, so sooner or later I’m going to have to scrap the whole design and start over. Not looking forward to that!
Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
On the TBR Pile:
- Arivaca by John Poulsen
- I Am the Traitor by Allen Zadoff
- Buzz Books 2015
- Black and White by Jackie Kessler & Caitlin Kittredge
- Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep
- The Art of Neil Gaiman
Around the Blogosphere:
- Signed up for the Blog Ahead mini-challenge at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
- Wish I was a talented enough baker to make these cute edible books from Hungry Happenings!
- Speaking of talented bakers, check out these gorgeous book-themed cakes!
- I’ve never met Wil & Anne Wheaton, but I cried like a baby at the news that their sweet dog Riley (of I’m A Dog! fame) had passed. They’ve written several moving posts about her passing (Wil’s first post, Anne’s post, Wil’s second post), but be sure to have some tissues handy.
- On a lighter note, Parajunkee wrote about How To Grade Your Blog. My blog rated very low, but I found it amusing after my recent Jealous Much? post about my blogger envy.
This content is owned and copyrighted by alexia561.blogspot.com.